Unixware 7.1 and Oracle8i

From: Alexander Schiftner <weissdv_at_via.at>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:39:22 +0100

I have problems concerning the installation of Oracle8i on a HP Netserver running on
Unixware 7.1 . I am able of starting the installation of Oracle8i, but when the process
comes to relinking the Oracle-Kernel it fails. After that I can see that the linker "ld"
produces an error because it can't find certain symbols that are referenced in Libraries
in $ORACLE_HOME/lib. I can see that in $ORACLE_HOME/install/make.log

Is there anyone who has had the same or similar problems on Unixware? I mean it can't be that difficult to install Oracle on an Unixware 7.1 server. I even managed to
do this on Unixware 2.1 and NCR Unix.

Please help,
Alex Schiftner

| AUSTROSOFT (R) Weiss

| Datenverarbeitung GmbH

Email:
| Hietzinger Hauptstrasse 33

 Alexander Schiftner<weissdv_at_via.at>                           |
A-1130 Wien, Austria