Re: Oracle Application Server!

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:41:49 GMT

> Does anyone familiar OAS ??? If so, I need a help.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to set up the client PC so that it
> can connect the OAS through their browser. I can ping the OAS
> computer with its IP address and host name.
>
> I get an error message when I enter http://hostname.domain/ or
> http://virtual IP address"
>
> Thank you for any suggestion.

In OAS manager tree: HTTP Listeners --> machine:www (default listener) -->Network

add an entry of your hostname without any www or dots etc eg if your machine is called myhost, just enter: myhost, copy all the other parameters from the entry that is already there above the new one.

you may have to enter the machine name,ip address of your web server in your clients hosts file if your network doesn't pick it up automatically.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 07:41:49 CST