Re: parallel query

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 06:33:13 +0100

If your server has multiple cpu's parallel query can be used to distribute the query between the multiple cpu's.
Oracle will not automatically use parallel query. This depends on - the feature being installed (not ALL flavors of Oracle have it, check this by select * from v$option)

- either init.ora parameters
- or settings on table level
- or settings on statement level

It will also work using the cost based optimizer only. If your init.ora parameter optimizer_mode is choose and you have never analyzed your tables, you will not use it.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA