Newbie question on 8.0.5 install

From: Bill Turner <bill.turner_at_changent.com>
Date: 23 Nov 1999 21:48:23 EST

i installed 8.0.5 with the starter database. i then started up the enterprise manager. the discover new wizards dialog opened. the first thing that asks for is a node to add. what is the node? i have tried the name of the database (oracle), the sid (orcl), and the name of the box. each ends up with the result of node name not found (at least, i think that is the message, i am not sitting in front of it right now). can anyone help me, guide me, point me in the right direction?

TIA --
Bill Turner
Principal Consultant
Changent Incorporated

www.changent.com
bill.turner_at_changent.com
Office: 612.874.8934
Cell: 612.644.3625 Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 20:48:23 CST