can we replicate inserts not deletes from a primary to an offline

From: Saugato Mukerji <Mukerji.Saugato.S_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:31:41 +1100

hi

consider an application where there are two servers primary and offline.

The primary is used by actual online applications and keeps only 1month worth of data
in 6 large tables.

The offline keep adding data to 6 similar tables forever by replicating it form the primary regularly.

From what i hv understood so far by replicating data from the primary to the secondary
we will replicate all changes.

This is not very useful because we do not wish to delete the last months data from the offline
server when we do so at the primary.

Is there any way to do what i want without writing a set of PLSQL scrips to do it.

thanks

Saugato Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 19:31:41 CST