Totally Confused ---XML and Data exchange

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:05:58 GMT

Hi everyone.
XML seems to be the next "be all and end all" for exchange of data between applications.
We have been using a mixture of flat files, message brokering (MOMS) and database links to interface/integrate our various systems.

We mostly use delimited flat files and bulk load with sql*loader.

So, can XML help us?
Should we be using some sort of XML flat file rather than the comma-delimited one?
Would such an approach allow the format of our input files to be flexible? How?

All help appreciated.

Thanks
COakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 13:05:58 CST