Re: moving the rbs tablespace

From: Tom Best <Tom.Best_at_bentley.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:52:52 -0500

Did you do these steps? My guess is you forgot to do the alter database step...

  1. shut down the instance
  2. use OS commands to move the data file
  3. mount the database (use svrmgrl, connect internal, startup mount <dbname>
  4. still in svrmgrl, use ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE '/old/file/name' to '/new/file/name'
  5. alter database open

Tom Best