Re: initrans, maxtrans, actual number of transaction entries

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:20:50 -0000

Sorry, that should have been

    alter SYSTEM dump datafile NNNN block MMMM;

and the response is

    system altered

It is by file number and block number, and the file/block you want will be header_file, header_block from dba_segments.

There is an alternative syntax to dump consecutive blocks:

    alter system dump data file NNN block min PPPP block max QQQQ;

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk