Re: rebuild PK index

From: <polguls_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:19:01 GMT

In article <7v7pcu$i4l$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   James Lorenzen <james_lorenzen_at_allianzlife.com> wrote:
> To "drop" a PK index, "ALTER TABLE xxxxx DROP PRIMARY KEY;" You need
> alter tble to add the PK constraint back. The index may be built by
the
> alter table command or you may create the index first.
>
> If you just need to rebuild to "clean up" the index, the "ALTER INDEX
> xxx REBUILD TABLESPACE xxx {optionally other storage options}". This
> command will default to teh users default tablespace and the storage
> defaults of that tablespace.
>
> HTH
> James

Currently I'am rebuilding indexes to the different tablespace. But I do not want to rebuild primary constraints indexes as well as unique constraints. And I did not find any reference between constraint and index in the data dictionary. Do you know how to determine if index 'belongs' to constraint?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 09:19:01 CST