PGA and UGA problem, Please help

From: Reza <reza_at_digital-dispatch.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:28:33 -0000

Hi guys
I have an OLTP application on HP-UX and Oracle 7.3.4., dedicated server config.
Some of the user processes ( I am not sure whether I am politically correct, since they might be the server process component of user session) keep growing their resident part in the memory until Unix starts paging.
Could anyone help on this matter please. My first problem is to find out what is kept in each user's PGA or UGA. Could it be that some open cursors (I know they all go to Library cache) or something similar.
These processes are not real live users but bunch of NT services like unix daemons which execute the same statements from dome stored procedures day in day out. They do not perform any long queries or massive sorts. All the sessions enjoy a 2.5MB of Sort_Area_Size with 1.25MB of it as retained. Thank you all in advance.
Reza Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 09:28:33 CST