Re: Context-Cartridge with Oracle 8.0.5.2.0

From: Rod Stewart <rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:15:22 +1100

Sounds like an ideal case for using the context cartridge to me. It sounds as though you would have a farely simple text index that could be queried simply using a one step query, but it will depend on the overall nature of your query structures. Depending on the nature of your data, the context index should be smaller than a normal index, but you will have the overhead on the processor/s of running the various context servers to support querying and dynamic updates to the index (if that is how you want to do it - you can also batch the updates).

Your scenario sounds simple, I would give it a go and see what the performance implications are.

HTH Rod J. Stewart