2tier 250users max?

From: r.golds <r.golds_at_csdcsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:56:09 -0500

We want to expand the number of users that can connect to our 4g Oracle database from 220 to 1500 concurrent. But we've been told that performance will just die at 250 users, and that the only solution is to go to 3tier. That is, at over 250 users, oracle's performance will die exponentially -- so queries that take 2 seconds with 200 users will take 2 years. That sort of thing.

It seems to me that a corresponding increase in hardware performance should support the increased usage. (ie 1500/220 = 7 times the processor performance).

Agree? Disagree?

What's the largest concurrent 2tier Oracle installation?

Regards
Robb Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 14:56:09 CST