Re: Upgrade horror stories/victories

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:56:00 -0000

I haven't had any problems yet with migration , although the ones I have done have all been Unix boxes, and I've always done the migration by hand (using migprep and mig).

Total time required:

    Backup of database time + ca. 2 hours.

Fortunately I haven't had to migrate a system with replication going. It looks quite hairy if you have to upgrade different nodes at different times.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk