Problem with DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE

From: <avbpk1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:43:51 GMT

Dear Friends,

             I have installed Oracle8 and Oracle8i servers on two different Machines. I created a procedure with the following script in Oracle 8
  CREATE PROCEDURE pr_8 IS
    BEGIN
      DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Procedure in Oracle8');     END; I created a similar procedure with the following script in Oracle 8i   CREATE PROCEDURE pr_8i IS
    BEGIN
      DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Procedure in Oracle8i');     END; I logged into Oracle8 thru sqlplus8
Turned on serveroutput
Now If I Executed Procedure pr_8i by using following command

SQL> Execute pr_8

procedure is getting executed successfully and output is shown. But If I Executed Procedure pr_8i by using Database Link (Oracle8i) with the following command

SQL> Execute pr_8i_at_oracle8i

The procedure gets executed successfully but Output is not displayed.

I want to know why it is not showing the output and also a solution on how to display the same.

Thanks in advance
Kumar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 09:43:51 CST