Re: sysdba sysoper not powerful?

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:10:03 -0000

I'm not sure about this but SQL*Plus and SVRMGR are still different tools and the difference in behavious may be down to that difference. It is normal for the database to be take down or brought up using SVRMGR or OEM's Instance Manager.

It could be that SQL*Plus which is slated as converging in functionality with SVRMGR cannot complete the operation as the system thinks it is simultaniously the maanger shutting the system and a user session to be booted off.

Does the experience differ if you are logged on the server or on to a client?

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_nospambigfoot.com> wrote in message news:3835FABA.6B611A2B_at_nospambigfoot.com...