Re: Enlarging Volumes on HP-UX

From: jennetta <jennetta_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 17:57:40 -0500

Thank you very much for your reply. It turns out that I have been able to start the instance and open the database by using the dbstart script but not by using the startup command in svrmgrl. The only change I had made was to enlarge the volume on which both Oracle was installed and the database files reside.
Prior to enlarging, the startup command worked with no problems.

Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com> wrote in message news:816hnv$3sg$1_at_inet16.us.oracle.com...
> Solution Description:
> =====================
>
> Although resetting TWO_TASK to P: may allow you to bring up the
> database without an error or passwords, this may not be your solution
> of choice if you require full use of V1 and V2 SQL*Net for client
> connects.
>
> Removing the TWO_TASK environmental variable altogether resolved
> all problems. Client connections are still possible on V1 and V2 SQL*Net
> and bringing up the database does not involve errors or passwords.
>
> Solution Description:
>
> Check the privileges of the Unix user.
>
> Database startup and shutdown are controlled by Unix Operating System
> privileges, and the appropriate entry must exist in /etc/passwd.
>
> Refer to Chapter 1 Administering Oracle Databases, Connecting as
Internal