Re: Installing on HP-UX - Which other processes need to be started???

From: Richard Lloyd <rkl_at_connect.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 20:58:43 GMT

In article <8154m8$tj$1_at_news.duke.edu>, "jennetta" <jennetta_at_hotmail.com> writes:
> A while back I posted a request for help with getting the oracle installer
> to start. After issuing the ./orainst command, it just seemed to hang until
> I killed the session.

This is probably because you're running orainst directly from the CD-ROM and the program rather bizarre decides that it needs to lock the CD-ROM. Hence, you need rpc.lockd and rpc.statd running prior to doing all that pfs_mount nonsense in the CD-ROM mounting instructions.

I actually copied the CD-ROM onto a hard disk and ran orainst from there - useful for the 11.00 install of 8.0.5 because the installer for that was actually faulty and I had to hack the hard disk copy of the installer to get it to work !

Richard K. Lloyd,         E-mail: rkl_at_connect.org.uk
Connect,                     WWW: http://www.connect.org.uk/

Liverpool University,
Merseyside, England,
Great Britain. Received on Sat Nov 20 1999 - 14:58:43 CST