Re: How do I move datafiles?

From: Geert Roelof van der Ploeg <grploeg_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 15:13:47 +0100

Hi Terry,

  1. Mount the database, do not open it. ( Startup mount DB_NAME)
  2. Move (Better copy, just to be on the safe side) the files you wish to move to the new location.
  3. Use the alter database rename statement to alter the database controlfiles so it will contain the new locations. ( Alter database rename 'old full dir and filename' to 'new full dir and filename'
  4. After you have entered this foor all your files you can open the database

Just for your information you can read this also in the Server Administrators guide Chapter 9 from page 7 on :-)

Have fun trying..... (Just take your precautions so you can always return to the old situation, and the database will function)

--
With friendly regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

Geert Roelof van der Ploeg

grploeg_at_orion-it.nl
grploeg_at_xs4all.nl Received on Sat Nov 20 1999 - 08:13:47 CST