Re: Oracle + LVM = Mirrored Backups?

From: KING <h.dkoningNOh.SPAM_at_freeler.nl.invalid>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 03:32:43 -0800

We have worked with this for a long time now and no problems recovering the files. You need the mirroring software from HP and twice the disks.Preferrably the same. Mirroring is faster in reading. In my opinion it's always the best to do an online backup. The instance won't be down so your caching remains intact. If you need the right scripts, you can ask me.