datafiles/tablespace - howto

From: <sxbktm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 23:54:48 GMT

Hi all,

Wanna ask you a question on tablespace/datafiles.

I want to load 7.5 million records into a table using sqlloader.

The directory for datafiles looks like following:

-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 1497088 Nov 19 19:46 control01.ctl
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 1497088 Nov 19 19:46 control02.ctl
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 1497088 Nov 19 19:46 control03.ctl
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 104859648 Nov 19 19:27 rbs01.dbf
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 512512 Nov 19 19:46 redoORCL01.log
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 512512 Nov 19 19:07 redoORCL02.log
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 512512 Nov 19 19:27 redoORCL03.log
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 104859648 Nov 19 19:42 system01.dbf
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 131074048 Nov 19 19:27 temp01.dbf
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 314574848 Nov 19 19:42 tools01.dbf
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 314574848 Nov 19 19:46 tools02.dbf
-rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 104859648 Nov 19 19:27 users01.dbf

This is the only table I want to load. But when I try to load using SQL Loader, I get following message,

ORA-02356: The database is out of space. The load cannot continue ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYSTEM.URLS by 92169 in tablespace TOOLS Load completed - logical record count
3538680.

It loaded only half of the number of rows. How would I be able to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 17:54:48 CST