Re: NEED HELP: how to create a "crontab" job on oracle database installed on NT

From: Joel Garry <jgarry_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:29:59 GMT

In article <812679$lln$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   holmesb_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <81181t$5ki8_at_imsp212.netvigator.com>,
> "Ah So (Danny)" <cwso7_at_netscape.net> wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > May someone teach me how to create a program / process running at
> fixed
> > interval on Oracle installed on NT ?
> > Does the oracle server on NT has any tool facilitating importing
data
> in
> > excel format or text format to oracle database
> >
> > If possible, please send you reply to cwso7_at_netscape.net too
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance
> > regards
> > Ah So
> >
> > See if the "at" command will run in a DOS window. Or check to see if
> you have WinAT installed - it comes on one of the NT Resource Kits.
>
> If you have either, then you will need to start the NT schedule
service
> and configure it to run as automatic and to start on reboot.
>
> You can then write NT "shell" scripts to perform various kinds of
work.
> Works similarly to Unix shell scripts run from a user's crontab.
>
> To load comma-separated value text files or fixed-field width files
into
> Oracle tables you canuse the SQL*Loader utility. On Oracle8 for NT
> it's probably called sqlldr80. You create a SQL*Loader control file
> that describes the file and supplies the name of the table to load
into
> among other things.
>
> HTH.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Also, search for Excel at orafaq.org, there are several good ideas there. I thought there was a downloadable product called something like oraexcel but I can't seem to find it just now.

jg
--
These opinions mine
mailto:joel-garry_at_nospam.home.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 15:29:59 CST