Re: Hardware Requirements Oracle 8

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:13:44 GMT

If you got for a UNIX box it will run more expensive then an NTone. As for the hardware you need, depends on the transactions (how heave they're, full table scans, a lot of updates, etc)

I am happy with Oracle + Solaris combo.

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:16:26 GMT, hubertemm_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>We are planing a DB-migration from VMS / ORACLE-RDB to NT. We will
>probably go to ORACLE 8, but we are also looking at MS SQL Server.
>
>The DB contains approx. 1.2 GB of data and has not more than 50
>concurrent users (usually less). It is not a high-transaction-system,
>but still it's go to be reliable.
>
>What Hardware do we need in respect to CPUs, RAM and Disks? I keep
>hearing this 50'000$ suggestions from HW-vendors? I can't be possible,
>that a normal DB needs all that power! What do we really need, what do
>you guys work with?
>
>Thanks for your feedback
>
>Hubert
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email