Re: Unused datafiles

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:11:48 +0100

For what is being used and what not, link dba_extents to dba_data_files, or dba_free_space to dba_data_files, link them by tablespace_name and/or file_id, and you will know the answer.
You should be able to do an alter database datafile 'xyz' drop, if the file is completely empty. Otherwise... Yes!

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA