Re: Y2K for NT and Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:08:29 +0100

The reactions of your managers sound VERY familiar to me. I faced the same problem in 1989, when I was trying to force operators to enter four digit years. I wasn't fired (yet) but I didn't make myself popular. PL/SQL 2 to be sure is NOT a major upgrade. This is all marketing hype, as years ago they sold sticking with PL/SQL 1 as 'application partitioning'. I made the transition at the server side years ago and I said 'Is that all there is'

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA