Stopping run-away Oracle queries

From: <peterjoh_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:39:32 GMT

Hi all.
Is it possible to stop 'run-away' queries on Oracle 8.0.5?

We are running netscape enterprise server, on Solaris, talking to Oracle, and sometimes we create stupid queries that take forever (almost) to complete. We need to abort these queries and free up the oracle server for a new request.

It seems that the sqlplus interface allows a Control/C sequence to somehow stop the query. Does anyone know how it does this?

We access Oracle through both the netscape interface and also through ProC interface.

thanks for any help,
PeterJoh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 10:39:32 CST