Re: ORA-03113 after selecting from one particular table

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 19 Nov 1999 07:31:11 -0800

aryalsdrew_at_my-deja.com writes:

> I am having problems performing any DBA function
> on one table in my Oracle 8i DB. I cannot select
> or drop this table without geting "ORA-03113: end-
> of-file on communication channel". I have no
> problem accessing any other objects in that
> schema. Even the dictionary views seem intact. I
> even have tried removing that user with the same
> result.
>
> If anyone else has come across this problem or
> has a suggestion, I would appreciate it.
An ORA-3113 error can be caused by a lot of things. Take a look in your log directory If there's a trace file there that contains a stack trace and the timestamp on the file corresponds to your attempt to perform the operation, contact Oracle Support. The server probably died due to a bug.

--

                                Thanks,
                                Rick

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.