Different Record Delimiter in SQL*Loader

From: Romel M. Tuñgol <romeltungol_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:15:53 +0800

We have a several tables with fields containing special characters, including newline and carriage return. We need to produce flat file extracts from these tables, for subsequent porting to an Oracle 8i database.

How can we specify a different record delimiter in SQL*Loader? As it is, we are unsuccessful in instructing SQL*Loader to treat the newlines and carriage return as part of the data.

We have tried using different field delimiter and enclosure options with no real success. In addition, we also tried CONTINUEIF and we were able to load the data, but we lost the newlines/carriage returns in the process, which is not acceptable in our case.

Is there another way to solve this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.