Database is recovered, now I want to use the archive log files

From: Ben Ryan <benryan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:44:05 GMT

Oracle 7.3.3 RDBMS in archivelog mode.
Recovery question.

On tape there is a complete image of the database taken using an ONLINE backup. Image is five days old.

Have a complete set of archive logs from image till now.

The current database is useless. All the control files have been corrupted by application vendor's attempt to recover the database.

Backup image can be recovered using:-

   startup mount exclusive
   alter database recover;
   alter database open;
Giving an operable database five days old.

Is there anyway to use the archive log files to bring the database upto the present?

Thanks, Ben

N.B. I am currently trying

Restore five day old image
Delete control files which came with the five day old image create controlfile reuse database "TEST" norestlogs archivelog ... alter database recover automatic

   using backup controlfile;
alter database open resetlogs;

But am getting...

ORA-01195: online backup of file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent ORA-01110: data file 1: '/shome/oracle/test/dbfiles/system01.dbf'

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 05:44:05 CST