NT4 - Accessing local TCP/IP db starts up DUN

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:55:18 +0000

Hi,

Sometimes when I start up an application that accesses my local Oracle 7.3 database via TCP/IP the MS Dial-Up Networking box appears and says that it cannot access my machine and asks whether it should dial a remote network.

If I say 'No', the application starts as normal and my database is connected.

Does this sound like an Oracle/SQL*Net problem or an NT problem?

Either way, what is the fix?

Andy
P.S Running NT4 SP5, same problem existed under SP3 --
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request