Re: NW5 and ORACLE

From: Steve A <spectre_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 17:21:46 +0800

HI,
yes your right it will not startup.

the problem seems to be the srvrmgr30
if you pass a script with internal/pasword it does not work
but it does work if you pass internal.

o.k no problem, here is the fix
go to novells website and get "stuffkey.exe"

then redo the orastart script, by building a script for stuffkey

it will work, I have just tried it.

p.s build in some error checking into the startup/shutdown scripts.

cos if you load oracles server manager twice and send any commands it will abend the server.
(this could happen, if you shutdown the database, but get an error before the "exit" command is sent to srvrmgr, then next time you load the oracle"BANG!!")

steve