Re: Tough one: ORACLE 8i replicated to DB2

From: Bruce Taneja <Bruce_Taneja_at_coregis.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:13:02 -0600

May want to consider Sybase replication server which will talk to both of those DBs and do the job -bruce

"Alan Hopkins" <ahop_at_cyberia.com> on 11/10/99 01:13:11 PM

Please respond to "comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com"

      <comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com>

To: "comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com"

      <comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com> cc:
Subject: Tough one: ORACLE 8i replicated to DB2

 Message from the Deja.com forum:
 comp.databases.oracle.server
 Your subscription is set to individual email delivery

The scenario is a new intranet data collection application (ORACLE on NT) that will obsolete a respective application over a couple of years (DB2 on AS400)

I need to allow data to be persisted in an ORACLE database and replicate the data into DB2 on a 400. This replication (thank goodness) is one-way,

What would you do?
I need to be able to queue the updates as the AS400 periodically goes offline, yet the new application hat 'feeds' it is up 24x7. The replication should occur at least 'near real time' (every 1/2 hour at least) and real time if possible.

I know well how to create a snapshot.... but how best to write to the Db2 database on the AS400 from NT?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this one.

 Deja.com: Before you buy.
 http://www.deja.com/

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/  Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 15:13:02 CST