Re: De-duplication of large table

From: Alan Shein <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:23:26 -0500

There are many ways, depending on other factors, but the easiest way is to

CREATE TABLE newtable AS SELECT DISTINCT * FROM oldtable;

then drop the oldtable and rename the newtable to the oldtable's name.

There are some disadvantages to doing it this way, but, as I said, it depends on what you ultimately need to do.