Re: UID or username

From: Anil <aneela1975_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:09:33 GMT

In article <01bf31c6$5262de40$2c289a0a_at_apollo>,   "Peter Laursen" < ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am currently designing a new db. Each table will have two fields
> updated_by and updated_at, which will record who and when the row was
last
> changed. The two fields will be maintained by a trigger.
> I thought I would store UID in updated_by, but a coworker of mine
thinks it
> is better to store the actual username.
>
> What are the pro's and con's?
>
> Thanks
> Peter Laursen

Hi,

I don't know what is the specific purpose of this. If you really want to keep track of who changed which table, I think Oracle's auditing option should work for you. Have you considered this option??

Regards
Anil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 09:09:33 CST