Re: Developer 2000 forms in OAS ?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:55:33 GMT

Using Developer 2000 Server and OAS, you can serve Oracle Forms, Reports & Graphics through the internet. Once OAS and Dev Server are set up, all you have to do is put your compiled .fmx files on your web server and create an HTML file which calls the form (a sample HTML file is provided). The client will need to install a plugin (which is also provided). The Oracle Form is then served in a java applet to the client in their browser. Make sure you have the proper version of OAS for your platform. For example, Windows NT 4 SP 5 requires OAS 4.0.8 and Developer Server 6 with Patchset 3. Windows NT 4 SP 3 requires OAS 4.0.7 (not sure about Dev Srvr).

HTH,
Brian