Re: ORA 1000 - Max number of cursors exceeded

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:55:31 GMT

Hi,
 This error usually indicates bugs in your code.  1000 (or 150) cursors should be plenty for _most_ applications.  As far as i remember this is a per-session limit.  imagine having 100's of queries open in one session.  Of course you have to consider some headroom for recursive calls,  defaults are fine in most cases though.  you are probably leaking cursors somewhere in your application.  bumping up the max number of cursors only hides the problem -  sooner or later you will get the error again.

 check out v$open_cursor to see whether you have duplicates.

Karsten

In article <80scvc$niu$1_at_front3m.grolier.fr>,   "Guang Ju YANG" <yangg_at_club-internet.fr> wrote:
> hi,
> try to increase the parameter 'open_cursors' that you can find in the
> init{ORACLE_SID}.ora file. And then restart the database.
>
> kev wrote in message <383195C4.3B50D2AD_at_fast.no>...
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a database which is being populated (via PHP web pages) by a
> >couple of people. But that has ground to a halt because all the PHP
> >pages just report an ORA 01000 - "Maximum number of cursors exceeded"
> >error.
> >I have shutdown the DB and restarted it, but this has made no
> >difference. Help! How do I get rid of it?
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >- Kev

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 04:55:31 CST