Running an external process from a trigger?

From: Darren Lewis <lewisd_at_dslsys.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:40:53 +0000

In SQL Server I can start an external process using the xp_cmdshell extended stored procedure.

How can I do this in Oracle?

I would like to start an application from a trigger which pulls information from the database and generates a report.

Many Thanks
Darren Lewis Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 03:40:53 CST