Using the Prefetch Count option on the Oracle8.x ODBC drivers

From: Fuzzy <granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 06:10:57 GMT

Has anyone got any experience with this?

I'm assuming it's some kind of clever option that allows the driver to pro-actively use an extended fetch to get rows in anticipation of an apps fetch/extendedfetch commands? Problem is I can't find any juicy doco on it on the Oracle Web site, other web sites, or the manuals.

Any and all info on people's experience with this much appreciated.

Ciao
Fuzzy