Installation problem - not owner

From: Sundar Raman <cybertoast_at_mindless.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:35:17 -0600

I'm having some problems installing Oracle 8 on Solaris. After selecting all the components that I wish to install, I find that the oracle install crashes with the error "can't create directory <blah>. is not owner". <blah> is usually a directory in product/8.0.5/orainst. checking the directory permissions indicates that the oracle user (which is the login performing the install), does indeed own all the directories in the path. moreover, the directory that is being complained about has already been created!

i am unable to proceed with the install at this point. i've created the environment variables, have tried to install both the custom and the default systems, and have tried all the options that i can think of.

not sure what more information to provide that might be helpful for anyone that might be able to help me get to the bottom of this problem.

thanks for any and all help.
cheers. Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 22:35:17 CST