performance problem with Oracle 8i

From: Etienne Gourdon <etienne_at_mail.univ-lr.fr>
Date: 17 Nov 1999 17:35:51 GMT

Hello all,

We're trying to do an evolution from Oracle 7.3 to 8i by export and import. We're also doing a migration of the server : HP9000 D370 with Baie Nike to HP9000 N4000 and Baie Autoraid (HPUX 11.0)

On the server HPUX, the results with the sqlplus command are 2 or 3 times faster (by doing : select count(*) on severals tables)

But the result with our Applications it's 2 or 3 times LONGER and sometimes worse.

So,
  is there a special configuration for Net8 ?   is there a special adaptor for Oracle 8 ?   is there a tool to test the performance with Net8 ?

Any idea where to search ?
On the 8.0.5 NT, we did not find this problem. Thanks for any info ! Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 11:35:51 CST