HELP HELP HELP

From: Mark Ragan <mark.ragan_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:34:32 -0000

I am running an oracle Vsn 7 Server on Windows NT.

No one is using the machine or the database, although the database is extremely busy servicing one background oracle process.

The active process is a system Background process & I do not know what it is doing, or why, but it is using up all the systems resources (Mainly Via Disk accesses).

Using Top session monitor I can see the offending process which appears to be switching between two sql commands:

  1. Select ts#, file#, block#, length from uet$ where segfile#=:1 and segblock#=:2 and ext#=:3 AND
  2. delete from uet$ where segfile#=:1 and segblock#=:2 and ext#=:3

I do not know what this table is used for, nor what the system is trying to do.

This has been going on for more than 24 hrs - Can any one help me!!

TIA Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 10:34:32 CST