Re: How do I move datafiles?

From: Sajnish Gupta <sgupta_at_orillion.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:10:31 -0600

These are the steps to do so:
1)Take the Tablespace using these datafiles offline: ALTER TABLESPACE tb1 OFFLINE;
2)Copy the datafile to the new location using os commands 3)Use the alter tablespace command to assign the new datafile: ALTER TABLESPACE tb1 RENAME
DATAFILE '/disk1/tb1.dbf' TO '/disk2/tb1.dbf' 4) Bring the tablespace online