How to execute an function from the commandline?

From: Dirk Joosen <d.joosen_at_planetinternet.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:19:23 +0100

Hello

I don't no if it works but I have wrote an function and I want to test if it works can I run from the commandline?

Here is an example (for me to check if it works) what doesn't run CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION TEST(a VARCHAR2) RETURN NUMBER IS i NUMBER;
BEGIN
 SELECT COUNT(*) INTO i FROM SOA;
 RETURN i;
END TEST;
/

I type from the command line EXEC TEST('Hello') It won't execute it give me an error
begin test('hallo'); end;

      *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00221: 'TEST' is not a procedure or is undefined
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Can some give me a helpful hint, regards Dirk Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 08:19:23 CST