Problems while installing 8.0.3. on IRIX6.5

From: Dirk Taggesell <dirk.taggesell_at_cys.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:02:43 +0100

Hi there,

we recently purchased Oracle Workgroup Server as a RDBMS for a website and we have problems to install it.

Oracle is Version 8.0.3, the machine is a new Origin 200 (1CPU, 270MHz) running IRIX6.5.

It seems that ORacle8.0.3 is somewhat old, the manual doesn't mention IRIX6.5 and the installer tells something about installing some old IRIX Patches.

My question is:
Is it possible to run these Version of ORACLE on IRIX 6.5 and if so, what shall I do to get it to work?

Error Messages while installing:
From orainst:
Linker error (a file named /usr/lib/cfe cannot be found)
This file doesn't exist under IRIX 6.5. I copied the file from an Origin 200 running IRIX 6.4 and there was no more linking error. But now I get an error message "Cannot Create Database".

OK, I didn' really expect to trick ORACLE with a simple copied file :-/

Can someone help me?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dirk Taggesell
CyberSolutions GmbH http://www.cys.de/ Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 07:02:43 CST