Urgent -- Oracle Client

From: <jruss7798_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:12:04 GMT

Hello all. My question concerns a VB6 app that uses ADO & Oracle 8 Client to communicate with our Oracle 8 database. Question, what is the most feasible way of coupling these components (Oracle8,Oracle Client & ADO) without installing Oracle 8 ODBC drivers on each machine, which is in the case exceeds 400 machines? The only alternative I've come up with is to develop a 3 tier system. I don't have a problem coding this, I just don't want to waste a lot of time coding only to find that there is a very simple solution.

Any suggested design strategies or alternatives would be greatly appreciated!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 15:12:04 CST