Y2K bug in package OWA_COOKIE?

From: Shannon Hickey <shickey_at_frameworks.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:46:04 -0500

Hello,

I am currently working with OAS 3 and OAS 4 and I believe that I have found a problem with the OWA_COOKIE package.
The code in the OWA_COOKIE.SEND procedure contains the following:

      htp.print('Set-Cookie: '||name||'='||value||';'||
                 IFNOTNULL(expires_gmt, ' expires='||
                    rtrim(to_char(expires_gmt,'Day'))||
                    to_char(expires_gmt,', DD-Mon-YY HH24:MI:SS')||'
GMT;')||
                 IFNOTNULL(path,    ' path='||path||';')||
                 IFNOTNULL(domain,  ' domain='||domain||';')||
                 IFNOTNULL(secure,  ' secure'));

Notice the date is formatted for YY. Since the Set-Cookie statement in an HTTP header can accept a four digit year, why does this package only print a two digit year. If I call the procedure OWA_COOKIE.REMOVE, it sets the expires
line to be 01-Jan-90. What happens if I want a cookie to expire in 2090?

I have become totally frustrated trying to find someone at Oracle to inform about this. Thus I have been unable to find out why this is coded this way and what can be done to work around it. I assume I can modify their code myself.

Any suggestions? I would appreciate a cc of any responses to my e-mail address also.

Thank you,
--
Shannon Hickey
shickey_at_frameworks.ca Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 14:46:04 CST