Re: Firewalls and SQL*Net

From: James Hanway <hanwayj_at_dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:51:43 GMT

My department uses a firewall here. They won't tell me much about the software itself for security reasons, but they do say it has hooks to permit SQL*NET traffic. Operates on a SOURCE_IP, DESTINATION_IP, SOURCE_SID, DESTINATION_SID, PORT_NUMBER basis.

Most UNIX listeners operate on port 1521, but that is configurable within the listener itself. Under NT, it may very well be dynamic, but it seems to be there is a registry setting you can set so it sticks to one port.