Starting up the database on Linux

From: Søren Asbjørn Hattel <sah_at_firmamentet.dk>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:58:13 +0100

Hi there,

I downloaded the trial version of the Oracle 8i RDBMS for Linux. After having apparently installed everything with the GUI Java installation program I have attempted to start the database with the svrmgrl utility like this:

SVRMGR> STARTUP
ORA-01031: insufficient priviliges

What priviliges do I need to start the database?

Thanks.

Søren Hattel

--
F I R M A M E N T E T A / S

Kong Georgs Vej 21, 1.                  Søren A. Hattel
2000 Frederiksberg                      Webchef
T 3888 0833     F 3888 0837             Civilingeniør, ph. d.