Re: ORA 1000 - Max number of cursors exceeded

From: jason <jason_at_seahorseNOSPAM.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:48:11 +0000

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:35:00 +0000, kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a database which is being populated (via PHP web pages) by a
>couple of people. But that has ground to a halt because all the PHP
>pages just report an ORA 01000 - "Maximum number of cursors exceeded"
>error.
>I have shutdown the DB and restarted it, but this has made no
>difference. Help! How do I get rid of it?
>
>thanks,
>
>- Kev

You can add the line OPEN_CURSORS=2000 to your initSID.ora file to increase the number of cursors you can open at any one time.

Does anyone know if a cursor that has been opened during a proc. is not closed properly, does this leave a handle open? Or are all cursors closed implicity at an END; ?

Jason. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 11:48:11 CST