PC-Connection to a far DB

From: Reinhard <reinhard_wahl_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:19:24 GMT

Hi there,

we have following Problem:

There are 2 servers (HP-UX 10.20) A and B each with one ORACLE-instance (V7.3.4.3.1).
They are connected and I can see the objects of B from A via DB-link.

But someone has to connect from a PC connected with A to the database on B.
There are some Net-Servers between the to DB's and so it's not easy to allow the PC the connection to the database of B.

What's the best way to get a user-connection like described?

Is there a way to redirect the listener or should I create a user on A and grant all tables from B, so I can work like a user on A.

I have no experience in NET-configuration so I hope the question is understandable.

Any help would be appreciated.
  Reinhard

Replace '_' with '.' in e-mail adress to send a pm