Avoiding rollback info generation

From: Sanjay Ganvkar <sanjayg_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:47:32 +0800

Hi everyone

Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6 with RAID

We are trying to improve the performance of an application updating a table.

Basically we have TABLE1 (3500 records) which undergoes frequent updates (99%)
with data coming in from an external feed. This in turns inserts records in a log table via insert/update triggers.

The requirement is about 200 updates / second. There are multiple application
servers (configurable - minimum 6) updating the same table. The 200 updates
are spread across the 6 servers.

Is there any way to avoid generation of rollback information (have gone thru all
other tuning options ). We are not interested in the transactional integrity, since
the values are in a constant update mode. The options available (table in nologging mode, discrete transactions) are not suitable for our environment.

Has anyone optimized a similiar application ?

Rgds
Sanjay Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 09:47:32 CST